Push notifications are like messages that pop up on your phone to tell you something new. Think of them as alerts that show up, like when you get a new message or there’s a sale at your favorite store. Our app has a cool feature that lets you send these messages to people who use your app. There’s also something called the “topics” feature. This lets people choose what they’re interested in and get updates about those things.
Here’s how you can use these features in your app:
1. Getting Ready:
- First, you need to have accounts on Facebook and Apple if you use an iPhone.
2. Setting Up Your App:
- Go to a website called developers.facebook.com.
- Create an account if you don’t have one, and make sure it’s verified.
3. Making Your App:
- Give your app a name, like “Apps Maker Company.”
- This name will be used later when people want to connect your app with Facebook.
4. Choosing a Scenario:
- Pick “Integrate Facebook Login.” This helps you connect your app with Facebook.
5. Connecting to Facebook:
- Now go to another website called Firebase.
- If you haven’t, create an account there and make a new app.
6. Making It Work:
- Put the app name and some other stuff from Firebase into your Facebook app settings.
7. Getting Important Codes:
- After doing all that, you’ll get special codes. Keep them safe.
8. For iPhones Too:
- This setup is for Android phones. For iPhones, you need to do a bit more. Follow the instructions in our article for that.
9. Sending Messages
- To send a new message, add the push v2 feature in your app.
- Type a title and message for the notification.
- You can also choose when you want it to show up.
By following these steps carefully, you can use push notifications and topics to keep your app users informed and interested. It’s a great way to make your app more engaging and useful for them!