The Places feature in the ESA app builder allows you to create a list of geolocated places, display them on a map, and provide directions to each location. Follow these steps to add the Places feature to your app and create a location-based app of your own.
Step 1: Set Up Your App
- Log in to the ESA platform.
- Create a new app or select an existing one.
- If creating a new app, provide a name and create it.
Step 2: Add Places Feature
- Click on “Features” in the side menu.
- Choose the “Places” feature and click “Add feature.”
Step 3: Customize Places Page
- Give your places feature a title and select an icon.
Step 4: Create Categories
- In the categories tab, click the “+” button to add a new category.
- Enter the category name, description, and an identifying image.
- Save the category, and you can edit it later if needed.
Step 5: Configure Settings
- Go to the settings and options tab.
- Set the default page and layout.
- Choose default map settings like zoom level and user location zoom.
- Enter a default city name in the “city” textbox.
- Click save.
Step 6: Customize App Design
- Set a background image for your app (optional).
- Choose different images for portrait and landscape modes.
Step 7: Add Places
- In the places tab, click the “+” button in the “ADD PLACE” section.
- Fill in the title, subtitle, illustration, and other details.
- Choose a category, add address information, and click save.
- Repeat this step to add more places.
Step 8: Add Google Maps API Key
- A valid Google Maps API key is required.
- Go to settings and click on “Api Keys.”
- Enter your Google Maps API key and save.
Step 9: Preview and Generate APK
- Click “see changes” to preview your app’s appearance.
- To generate an APK of your app, click “Download your app” from the side menu.
- Choose a subscription plan, and the APK will be sent to your email upon completion.
You’ve successfully added the Places feature to your app. Now, users can view geolocated places, get directions, and explore different categories on the map. Whether you’re creating a city guide, travel app, or any location-based application, this feature enhances user experience and engagement.